Messy Church - at Sherfield Park Community Centre
After an 18 month break Messy Church is back, so it seems like a good time to remind everyone of what Messy Church is - and indeed, isn’t!
So, in a nutshell, Messy Church:
- Is a way of being church for families that involves having fun.
- Helps those who come along to meet and learn about Jesus.
- Happens across the world; but here locally at the Community Centre on Sherfield Park on the second Friday of each month
- Typically includes a welcome, doing something ‘messy’ as a way to explore our theme for the month; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and refreshments.
- Is a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age, although most children who come are from 0 to junior school age.
If that’s what Messy Church is, what isn’t it?
- just for families - all are welcome. Church, including Messy Church is inclusive, not exclusive.
- just for church families
- a way of getting people to come to church on Sundays - although, of course, you’d be very welcome to join us in any of our churches!
Why not come along on November 8th and see for yourself? We’d love you to join us.For further information, please email [email protected] or ‘phone The Revd Karen West on 07525 494025.
MEMORIAL SERVICE - 3.00 p.m. 31st October at St. Leonard’s Church
You are warmly invited to a special time for remembering
and celebrating those we have loved and who have died.
Bring a memento, if you wish, and at a quiet part in the service these are placed on the altar
Refreshments in the Church Room afterwards
Everyone most welcome